from flickr
Heather and I once made a half hearted attempt at skateboarding. We bought these bottom of the line skateboards and all the cooler than thou skateboard dudes laughed in our faces right in the store as we were handing them our money. I took it to Toronto and played around a little on the side streets, but to tell the truth, the super loud sound they make on the pavement really unnerves me. so do vacuums. The final straw was the pretty bad fall I took while ride past an auto body shop. The whole shop full of mechanics were standing around outside and as I rode past and for seemingly no reason just went flying into the air and landed on my shoulder. I got up and acted like whatever, its no thing. I walked around the corner out of their view and did that whole lip biting, heavy breathing in thing. my shoulder still has a bit of the scar, which was retorn open during a much more brutal bike crash. I've taken the skateboard out a few times since then, but mostly the skateboard has become the worlds handiest furniture mover. We've moved entire couches through the annex with that thing

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    y'see this is why i've taken to riding sk8er bois instead of sk8boards.  

  2. Raymi Lauren said...

    get a longboard!  

  3. Unknown said...

    you also forgot to mention the ultra cool stickers we made for them!  

  4. Chlo said...

    right you are heather. We probably spend more time planning and making those stickers than we did actually skating  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.